ST. LOUIS, Jan. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Charter Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: CHTR) today announced that customers’ choices have further expanded via online and mobile apps with the addition of hit TV shows from Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. on www.charter.net/tv and on the Turner websites. The Closer, Rizzoli & Isles, CONAN, and live streaming news from CNN are now available anytime, anywhere.
Charter has added more than 500 hours of online and mobile entertainment with the addition of Turner networks, including TBS, TNT, truTV, Cartoon Network and Adult Swim. A variety of programs from those networks will be available to Charter customers on charter.net/tv as well as each network’s respective website within 24 hours after an episode airs. Popular content now available to Charter customers includes TNT’s The Closer, Rizzoli & Isles, Falling Skies, Leverage and Southland; TBS’s CONAN and acquired hit The Big Bang Theory; Adult Swim’s Robot Chicken and Aqua Teen Hunger Force; Cartoon Network’s Ben 10: Ultimate Alien and Generator Rex; and truTV’s Hardcore Pawn, Operation Repo, Lizard Lick Towing and acquired hit Wipeout.
All Charter customers receiving Turner networks as part of their Charter TV service have access to the online and mobile content at no additional cost. iPhone® and iPad® mobile apps for each channel are also available, including live streaming of CNN and HLN’s 24-hour television networks. Android™ apps are planned for launch early this year.
Rich DiGeronimo, Charter’s Senior Vice President, Product and Strategy said, "Charter has taken an industry-first approach with the launch of an online search and discovery engine, which organizes web content into a single directory on charter.net for enhanced customer convenience. We are providing a growing amount of streaming content to bring an array of news, sports and entertainment options to customers on multiple devices through our powerful Internet service. We’re pleased that our customers will now enjoy additional mobile and web viewing options for the Turner network shows they love. Our mission is to provide the best entertainment experience, delivered by the fastest Internet service provider, and we will continue to grow our online searchable content to delight our customers."
Charter customers can watch thousands of TV shows, movies and video clips on their computer, tablet and phone as well as access additional features that enhance their entertainment experience. For example, setting parental controls for the site or personalizing weather, sports, traffic and stock preferences for charter.net. On November 1, 2011, Charter announced the launch of its online search and discovery feature, which organizes online content from Netflix, Amazon Instant Video and Hulu into a single online directory on Charter.net.
To access online content, Charter Internet customers must use their charter.net email address, password and zip code for log in the first time. Charter TV customers can log in with their My Account credentials. Log In help is located on the Charter.net Log In screen to aid first-time customers or those who may not recall their log in information.
Turner online content can be accessed through the charter.net site, or through the individual network pages using the following links on the charter.net Portal:
For more information or to search for favorite programs across all networks using our newly enhanced online search feature go to www.charter.net/tv.
PC Magazine Fastest ISPs 2011 logo is a trademark of Ziff Davis, Inc. Used under license.
iPhone and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Charter (NASDAQ: CHTR) is a leading broadband communications company and the fourth-largest cable operator in the United States. Charter provides a full range of advanced broadband services, including advanced Charter TV® video entertainment programming, Charter Internet® access, and Charter Phone®. Charter Business® similarly provides scalable, tailored, and cost-effective broadband communications solutions to business organizations, such as business-to-business Internet access, data networking, business telephone, video and music entertainment services, and wireless backhaul. Charter’s advertising sales and production services are sold under the Charter Media® brand. More information about Charter can be found at charter.com.
CAUTIONARY STATEMENT REGARDING FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS
This release includes forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "Securities Act"), and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended (the "Exchange Act"), regarding, among other things, our plans, strategies and prospects, both business and financial. Although we believe that our plans, intentions and expectations reflected in or suggested by these forward-looking statements are reasonable, we cannot assure you that we will achieve or realize these plans, intentions or expectations. Forward-looking statements are inherently subject to risks, uncertainties and assumptions including, without limitation, the factors described under "Risk Factors" from time to time in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"). Many of the forward-looking statements contained in this release may be identified by the use of forward-looking words such as "believe," "expect," "anticipate," "should," "planned," "will," "may," "intend," "estimated," "aim," "on track," "target," "opportunity," "tentative," "positioning" and "potential," among others. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the forward-looking statements we make in this release are set forth in other reports or documents that we file from time to time with the SEC, and include, but are not limited to:
- our ability to sustain and grow revenues and free cash flow by offering video, Internet, telephone, advertising and other services to residential and commercial customers, to adequately meet the customer experience demands in our markets and to maintain and grow our customer base, particularly in the face of increasingly aggressive competition, the need for innovation and the related capital expenditures and the difficult economic conditions in the United States;
- the impact of competition from other market participants, including but not limited to incumbent telephone companies, direct broadcast satellite operators, wireless broadband and telephone providers, and digital subscriber line ("DSL") providers and competition from video provided over the Internet;
- general business conditions, economic uncertainty or downturn, high unemployment levels and the level of activity in the housing sector;
- our ability to obtain programming at reasonable prices or to raise prices to offset, in whole or in part, the effects of higher programming costs (including retransmission consents);
- the effects of governmental regulation on our business;
- the availability and access, in general, of funds to meet our debt obligations, prior to or when they become due, and to fund our operations and necessary capital expenditures, either through (i) cash on hand, (ii) free cash flow, or (iii) access to the capital or credit markets; and
- our ability to comply with all covenants in our indentures and credit facilities, any violation of which, if not cured in a timely manner, could trigger a default of our other obligations under cross-default provisions.
All forward-looking statements attributable to us or any person acting on our behalf are expressly qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement. We are under no duty or obligation to update any of the forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
SOURCE Charter Communications, Inc.