STAMFORD, Conn., Aug. 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Charter Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: CHTR) today announced that applications for the Spectrum Digital Education grant program have opened for all qualified applicants.
Spectrum Digital Education is a philanthropic initiative designed to support nonprofit organizations that educate community members on the benefits of broadband and how to use it to improve their lives. The grants are part of a $1 million commitment to provide digital education in communities Charter serves. In addition to the financial grants, Charter provides PSAs, workshops and webinars to local nonprofit organizations.
In its first year, the Spectrum Digital Education grant program received more than 200 eligible grant applications and awarded grants to 17 nonprofit organizations across the country.
“Last year, we launched Spectrum Digital Education with an initial $1 million commitment and a desire to help bridge the gap in digital literacy,” said Rahman Khan, Vice President, Community Impact for Charter Communications. “After the overwhelming success of our initial round of funding, Charter is pleased to announce the application process for the second round of grants that will fulfill our $1 million commitment to deserving nonprofit organizations within our footprint.”
Spectrum Digital Education Grant Program Details and Eligibility:
- Spectrum Digital Education grants will be awarded to nonprofit organizations that have programs focused on families and seniors who have historically been underrepresented in broadband services.
- To be eligible for a grant, the organization must serve communities located in a Spectrum market and must be a U.S. nonprofit organization with 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status.
- There is no cap on the number of grants awarded, however grant awards generally will not exceed $50,000.
- The grants are supported by an initial $1 million commitment from Charter Communications.
- The grants are one-year nonrenewable awards.
- Spectrum Digital Education Grant Program details are available now at http://communityimpact.spectrum.com/digitaledgrant
- The entry period runs from July 30, 2018 at 8:00 A.M. (EDT) through August 31, 2018 at 5:00 P.M. (EDT).
- After applications are submitted, an internal review process will be used to determine the 2018 awardees. The review process is scheduled to begin on September 4, 2018.
- Grant recipients will be notified in October 2018.
Spectrum is committed to improving communities and impacting lives where our customers and employees live and work. The latest news, resources and information regarding Charter Communications’ philanthropic initiatives and events, can be found at http://communityimpact.spectrum.com
Charter Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:CHTR) is a leading broadband communications company and the second largest cable operator in the United States. Charter provides a full range of advanced residential broadband services, including Spectrum TV® programming, Spectrum Internet®, and Spectrum Voice®. Under the Spectrum Business® brand, Charter provides scalable, and cost-effective broadband communications solutions to small and medium-sized business organizations, including Internet access, business telephone, and TV services. Through the Spectrum Enterprise brand, Charter is a national provider of scalable, fiber-based technology solutions serving many of America’s largest businesses and communications service providers. Charter’s advertising sales and production services are sold under the Spectrum Reach® brand. Charter’s news and sports networks are operated under the Spectrum Networks brand. More information about Charter can be found at newsroom.charter.com.