Stamford, CT – Charter Communications, Inc. today announced the winners of its second round of Spectrum Digital Education grants, a philanthropic initiative designed to support nonprofit organizations that educate community members on the benefits of broadband and how to use it to improve their lives. The grants fulfill a $1 million commitment to provide digital education in Charter communities through financial grants to local nonprofit organizations.
Charter received 170 eligible grant applications and awarded Spectrum Digital Education grants to 23 nonprofit organizations.
Below is a complete list of award winners:
- Asian Americans for Equality
- Austin Free-Net
- Central Florida Urban League Inc
- Community League of The Heights, Inc.
- Computer Mentors Group Inc.
- Digital Bridge Inc
- E2D, Inc.
- Friends of The Saratoga Springs Public Library
- LearningQuest – Stanislaus Literacy Centers
- Literacy Volunteers of Rochester, Inc
- Loaves, Fishes & Computers
- Louisville Urban League
- San Diego Futures Foundation
- Southeast Community Development Corporation
- Stanley M. Isaacs Neighborhood Center
- Step Up on Second Street Inc
- The LaunchCode Foundation
- The Oasis Institute
- Urban League of Greater Kansas City
- Vermont Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired Inc.
- Waipahu Community Association
- Whitmore Economic Development Group
“Charter is thrilled to announce the recipients of the Spectrum Digital Education grants, fulfilling our $1 million commitment to provide digital education in Charter communities through financial grants,” said Rahman Khan, Vice President, Community Impact for Charter Communications. “We are confident the chosen organizations will help satisfy our mission to provide communities in need with the necessary tools to grow and prosper in the digital age.”
Spectrum is committed to improving communities and impacting lives where our customers and employees live and work. The latest news, resources and information regarding Charter Communications’ philanthropic initiatives and events, can be found at http://communityimpact.spectrum.com
Charter Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:CHTR) is a leading broadband communications company and the second largest cable operator in the United States. Charter provides a full range of advanced residential broadband services, including Spectrum TV®, programming, Spectrum Internet®, and Spectrum Voice®. Under the Spectrum Business® brand, Charter provides scalable, and cost-effective broadband communications solutions to small and medium-sized business organizations, including Internet access, business telephone, and TV services. Through the Spectrum Enterprise brand, Charter is a national provider of scalable, fiber-based technology solutions serving many of America’s largest businesses and communications service providers. Charter’s advertising sales and production services are sold under the Spectrum Reach® brand. Charter’s news and sports networks are operated under the Spectrum Networks brand. More information about Charter can be found at newsroom.charter.com.