ST. LOUIS, Dec. 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Charter Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: CHTR) – Kevin L. of Fort Worth, TX has been part of a Charter Communications TiVo® Premiere trial for the last few months. How was his experience? "Incredible," he said. "It’s everything –TV, Internet, Charter On Demand, iPhone®, iPad® and more – all rolled into one awesome technology."
Charter Communications and TiVo Inc. (NASDAQ: TIVO) today announced the launch of Charter’s whole-home solution powered by TiVo Premiere, now available to its customers in Texas. Charter will deploy TiVo Premiere across its footprint in the first half of 2012. TiVo Premiere from Charter seamlessly blends traditional television channels with Internet-delivered video and interactive applications from Charter On Demand as well as Pandora®, YouTube® and more, all packaged in TiVo’s easy-to-use, elegant user interface. In addition to the robust entertainment library, customers can also take advantage of a whole-home video solution allowing them to begin a recording in one room, pause and pick it up from a TiVo Premiere device in another room.
"The innovative technology that Charter enables has a profound impact on the sharing of information and enjoyment of entertainment," said Rich DiGeronimo, Charter Senior Vice President, Product and Strategy. "We’re now providing customers more content options on the device they choose. TiVo Premiere further enhances the customer’s overall experience by offering even more control, in addition to seamless access to Charter’s deep On Demand library, within an elegant TiVo user interface."
"Charter sought to remain competitive in a rapidly changing pay-TV market with an abundance of choices, and turned to TiVo because of our superior user interface and reputation as the leading provider of these offerings," said David Sandford, Vice President and General Manager of TiVo’s Service Provider Business. "With today’s launch, Charter’s customers can now engage with traditional television, broadband-delivered content and video on demand in a package unlike anything they’ve had access to before, and view this through a whole-home-capable solution, enabling a truly first-class television viewing experience."
TiVo Premiere from Charter, an attractive, easy-to-navigate experience, enables customers to automatically record favorite shows each week with Season Pass® recordings. In addition, WishList® searches will find and record programs based on customer-specified interests.
Other Charter TiVo Premiere features include:
- Integrated search: Quickly scan across the TV lineup, Charter On Demand and web content to find programs to watch, regardless of where they originate.
- Remote scheduling: Search and schedule recordings from the Web or from a mobile device.
- TiVoToGo™ transfers: Transfer some programs from the TiVo Premiere to a laptop, media device, or smart phone for viewing outside the home.
- Control live TV: Pause, rewind, slow-motion, and instantly replay live TV.
- iPad and iPhone: Free app enables search, browse, explore and sharing of favorite entertainment without interrupting what’s playing on TV. An Android™ app is expected to be launched in early January 2012.
- Personalized ratings: By hitting the "thumbs-up" and "thumbs-down" ratings buttons on the TiVo remote, TiVo tracks personal likes and dislikes, providing relevant programming suggestions and automatic recordings.
- Content storage: Record up to 45 hours of high-definition (HD) programming or up to 400 hours of standard-definition programming – equivalent to more than 16 days of content.
- Full HD support: Offers full support for 1080p and 1080i HD formats.
For more information on the incredible experience delivered by TiVo Premiere from Charter, visit www.charter.com/tivo
PC Magazine Fastest ISPs 2011 logo is a trademark of Ziff Davis, Inc. Used under license.
iPhone and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Charter is a leading broadband communications company and the fourth-largest cable operator in the United States. Charter provides a full range of advanced broadband services, including advanced Charter TV® video entertainment programming, Charter Internet® access, and Charter Phone®. Charter Business® similarly provides scalable, tailored, and cost-effective broadband communications solutions to business organizations, such as business-to-business Internet access, data networking, business telephone, video and music entertainment services, and wireless backhaul. Charter’s advertising sales and production services are sold under the Charter Media® brand. More information about Charter can be found at charter.com.
TiVo, the TiVo logo, Season Pass, WishList, and TiVoToGo are registered trademarks and trademarks of TiVo Inc. and its subsidiaries worldwide. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
CAUTIONARY STATEMENT REGARDING FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS
This release includes forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "Securities Act"), and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended (the "Exchange Act"), regarding, among other things, our plans, strategies and prospects, both business and financial. Although we believe that our plans, intentions and expectations reflected in or suggested by these forward-looking statements are reasonable, we cannot assure you that we will achieve or realize these plans, intentions or expectations. Forward-looking statements are inherently subject to risks, uncertainties and assumptions including, without limitation, the factors described under "Risk Factors" from time to time in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"). Many of the forward-looking statements contained in this release may be identified by the use of forward-looking words such as "believe," "expect," "anticipate," "should," "planned," "will," "may," "intend," "estimated," "aim," "on track," "target," "opportunity," "tentative," "positioning" and "potential," among others. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the forward-looking statements we make in this release are set forth in other reports or documents that we file from time to time with the SEC, and include, but are not limited to:
- our ability to sustain and grow revenues and free cash flow by offering video, Internet, telephone, advertising and other services to residential and commercial customers, to adequately meet the customer experience demands in our markets and to maintain and grow our customer base, particularly in the face of increasingly aggressive competition, the need for innovation and the related capital expenditures and the difficult economic conditions in the United States;
- the impact of competition from other market participants, including but not limited to incumbent telephone companies, direct broadcast satellite operators, wireless broadband and telephone providers, and digital subscriber line ("DSL") providers and competition from video provided over the Internet;
- general business conditions, economic uncertainty or downturn, high unemployment levels and the level of activity in the housing sector;
- our ability to obtain programming at reasonable prices or to raise prices to offset, in whole or in part, the effects of higher programming costs (including retransmission consents);
- the effects of governmental regulation on our business;
- the availability and access, in general, of funds to meet our debt obligations, prior to or when they become due, and to fund our operations and necessary capital expenditures, either through (i) cash on hand, (ii) free cash flow, or (iii) access to the capital or credit markets; and
- our ability to comply with all covenants in our indentures and credit facilities, any violation of which, if not cured in a timely manner, could trigger a default of our other obligations under cross-default provisions.
All forward-looking statements attributable to us or any person acting on our behalf are expressly qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement. We are under no duty or obligation to update any of the forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
SOURCE Charter Communications, Inc.